- Nitrogen at any time in any place
- Cost-effective due to low operating costs
- Mature and reliable technology
- Exact purity for each application
- No rental commitments as with cylinders/bundles and tank facilities
- No CO2 emissions into the atmosphere
- Nitrogen not only reduce dross (oxidation) and cut costs for solder. Furthermore, Nitrogen reduce the surface tension on the soldering nozzles and through this nitrogen increase the viscosity of the solder, only with doing this a reproducible selective soldering process is possible.
The PSA technology is based on the adsorption principle: The nitrogen and oxygen molecules from the intake air are separated by a carbon molecular sieve (CMS). The larger nitrogen molecules are penetrating in the process, the activated carbon of the sieve. They are transported by means of the compressed air from the downstream system tank. This is where the highly clean nitrogen is ready to use.
As soon as the high quality activated carbon is completely saturated with oxygen molecules, the shift to the second pressure swing adsorption tank takes place. This one contains also a carbon molecular sieve. The first tank is regenerated in the mean time. This process guarantees the continuous high supply and purity of the nitrogen.